STEVE SLATTER INSURANCE BROKERS (PTY) LTD was established in 1993 by Steve Slatter. The company is based in Durban, South Africa.
SSIB offers Specialist Niche Insurance Products, in addition to standard insurance products.
SSIB is a Lloyds Open Market Correspondent and enjoys support from various International Insurance Brokerages.
+27 (0) 31562 8320
Matt Slatter joined SSIB in 2010. He attended school at Michaelhouse, and obtained a B.Com degree from Rhodes University. Matt is a Key Individual and a Director of SSIB, and is integral to SSIB’s Continuity Plan.
Matt’s love of the sea (he holds a Padi diving qualification and a skipper’s ticket) drew him into the Marine division at SSIB. Matt has enjoyed mentorship under his father, Steve Slatter, who is a highly skilled and vastly qualified marine insurance specialist.
Marine Insurance is a highly technical niche area of insurance, and SSIB is recognised both locally and within Lloyds of London as one of the most respected Marine Specialist insurance brokers.
SSIB has access to local and overseas insurers, and offers All Risks Marine hull and liability insurance which covers:
- a wide range of uses including bare boat charter
- a wide range of protection including abscondence, named windstorms “in the box in season” (cyclones, hurricanes)
- all types of vessels from pleasure craft to ships
- vessels flagged both locally and overseas
- vessel owners based locally and overseas
SSIB recognises and supports the importance of the role played by Boat/Ship Builders and Repairers in the sustainability of the marine industry. Within this highly technical and specialised Niche Insurance, SSIB offers the following: –
- Yacht/pleasurecraft Factory and liability insurance (including maintenance warranties)
- Work in Progress
- Road Risks, Launch and Sea Trials
- Marine Transit (Open declaration basis)
- Ship Repair Liability
- Shipbuilding (unlimited)
Aviation and Aerospace
Rose Slatter joined SSIB in 1993. Her love of flying and all things aerial culminated in her specialising in Aviation and Aerospace Insurance.
SSIB is a Licensed Lloyds Market Correspondent, and has access to local and foreign Aviation Insurance Companies and offers worldwide insurance coverage in various currencies.
SSIB offers comprehensive coverage and use aircraft and airline insurance for all classes of aircraft including:
- Piston Fixed wing and rotor wing aircraft
- Jet / Turbine Fixed wing and rotor wing aircraft
- Remote Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS)
- Narrow and Wide Body Heavy Airline Aircraft
- Premises, Products, Heavy Maintenance and Hangarkeepers Liability
- Engine and major airframe component overhaul service and repair facilities
We also offer specialist Niche Aviation Insurance products including:
- Crew Travel Insurance (covering illness related emergency and medical expenses)
- Personal Accident Insurance (covering accident related emergency and medical expenses).
Commercial and Industrial
Meena Dharamraj joined SSIB in 2004. Meena has 36 years’ experience in Commercial and Industrial Insurance and holds the Licentiate (LIISA) qualification in short term insurance.
SSIB focuses on enhancing the financial wellness of our client’s and their businesses. At SSIB we take a holistic approach by designing risk management structures that are individual and unique to each client. We believe it is important to streamline administrative and corporate systems and processes to promote healthy growth and performance.
Communication is vital to maintaining new trends, upgrades and advancements – our friendly and efficient staff provide an integral service to our client’s business and we welcome frequent interaction.
In addition to typical commercial and industrial asset and liability insurance products, SSIB has a wealth of experience and expertise in more highly skilled niche products including Construction and Engineering, Piling (including Foundation Failure Liability), Guarantees, Plant, Professional Indemnity.
Leeane Moonsamy is our dedicated Personal Lines Broker. Leeanne’s priority is to identify clients’ exact needs and design a unique tailor-made policy which affords maximum protection at minimal cost.
At SSIB we offer comprehensive Personal Insurance from Standard cover to Executive cover in the following areas:
Household contents, buildings, all risks cover for specified and high value items, motor, cycles, caravans and trailers, personal legal liability.
In South Africa, in addition to environmental risks and natural disasters including storm, flood, fire etc., we are exposed to high crime risk including theft, remote jamming, hijacking and house breaking. At SSIB we assist in identifying security weakness and implementing enhancements to minimise risk exposure and to ensure maximum protection.
Leeane will personally guide and assist with claims, and repair or replacement processes. Fast efficient Claim settlement is our business!
SSIB offers expertise in several Niche insurance sectors, such as:
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Marine Hull and Liability
- Ship Builders and Ship Repair Liability
- Piling Including Foundation Failure Liability
- Construction and Engineering